Thursday, April 12, 2018

April 12 - Altered Movie Originals

Due for release from the Reel To Reel label on May 4, 2018 are two four CD sets entitled “Elvis At The Movies”. 

Tracks Volume 1 - CD 1: Love Me Tender - Let Me - Poor Boy - We're Gonna Move - We're Gonna Move  - Love Me Tender - Mean Woman Blues - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear - Loving You - Got A Lot O Livin' To Do - Lonesome Cowboy - Hot Dog - Party - Blueberry Hill - True Love - Don't Leave Me Now - Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - I Need You So

CD 2: Party - Got A Lot O Livin' To Do - Loving You - Mean Woman Blues - Jailhouse Rock - Treat Me Nice - Young And Beautiful - I Want To Be Free - Don't Leave Me Now - (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care - Jailhouse Rock - Young And Beautiful (Solo) - Young And Beautiful - I Want To Be Free - (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care - Treat Me Nice - King Creole - As Long As I Love You - Hard Headed Woman - Trouble - Dixieland Rock

CD 3: Don't Ask Me Why - Lover Doll - Crawfish - Young Dreams - Steadfast Loyal And True - New Orleans - Turtles, Berries And Gumbo / Crawfish - Lover Doll - Trouble - Banana - Dixieland Rock - Young Dreams - New Orleans - King Creole - Don't Ask Me Why - As Long As I Have You / Outro - Tonight Is So Right For Love - What's She Really Like - Frankfort Special - Wooden Heart

CD 4: G.I. Blues  Pocketful Of Rainbows - Shoppin' Around - Big Boots - Didja' Ever - Blue Suede Shoes - Doin' The Best I Can - Tonight's Alright For Love - What's She Really Like - G. I. Blues - Doin' The Best I Can - Frankfort Special - Shoppin' Around  Tonight Is So Right For Love - Wooden Heart - Pocketful Of Rainbows - Big Boots - Didja Ever - Flaming Star - Flaming Star - A Cane And High Starched Collar

Tracks Volume 2 - CD 1: Wild In The Country - I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell - Wild In The Country - I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell - In My Way - Husky Dusky Day (With Hope Lange) - Wild In The Country (End Titles) - Blue Hawaii - Almost Always True - Aloha-Oe - No More - Can't Help Falling In Love - Rock-A-Hula Baby - Moonlight Swim - Ku-U-I-Po (Hawaiian Sweet Heart) - Ito Eats - Slicin' Sand - Hawaiian Sunset - Beach Boy Blues - Island Of Love - Hawaiian Wedding Song

CD 2: Blue Hawaii - Almost Always True - Aloha-Oe - No More - Can't Help Falling In Love - Rock-A-Hula Baby - Moonlight Swim - Ku-U-I-Po (Hawaiian Sweetheart) - Ito Eats - Slicin' Sand - Hawaiian Sunset - Beach Boy Blues - Island Of Love - Hawaiian Wedding Song - Follow That Dream - Angel - What A Wonderful Life - I'm Not The Marrying Kind - What A Wonderful Life - I'm Not The Marrying Kind

CD 3: Sound Advice - On Top Of Old Smokey - Follow That Dream - Angel - Angel (Instrumental) - King Of The Whole Wide World - This Is Living - Riding The Rainbow - Home Is Where The Heart Is - I Got Lucky - Whistling Tune - King Of The Whole Wide World - This Is Living - Riding The Rainbow - Home Is Where The Heart Is - I Got Lucky - A Whistling Tune - Girls Girls Girls - I Don't Wanna Be Tied - Where Do You Come From - I Don't Want To

CD 4: We'll Be Together - A Boy Like Me, A Girl Like You - Earth Boy - Return To Sender - Because Of Love - Thanks To The Rolling Sea - Song Of The Shrimp - Walls Have Ears - We're Comin' In Loaded - Girls Girls Girls - I Don't Wanna Be Tied - We'll Be Together - A Boy Like Me, A Girl Like You - Earth Boy - Return To Sender - Because Of Love - Thanks To The Rolling Sea - Song Of The Shrimp - Walls Have Ears - We're Comin' In Loaded - Dainty Little Moonbeams / Girls Girls Girls

New Gospel Album?

Jim Murray talked about a new Sony project that will be out during Elvis week. He says that he recorded new backing vocals for three original Elvis recordings, together with other members of the Imperials and the Stamps. The songs are "So High", “Run On” and “Bosom Of Abraham”. He added that Lisa Marie is very involved in the project, and that she called Jim personally the other day to thank him for his involvement.

For the Good Times

The “For The Good Times” double CD from the Redemption import-label has been released. This comes as a deluxe digi-pack and contains all the performances from the 1972 “On Tour” movie in their entirety. As a bonus the set comes with April 5, 1972 Buffalo rehearsal. 


(Source: Amazon / Deelen / Elvis Aktuell)