Tuesday, November 21, 2017

November 21 - 1956 Recordings

Two new vinyl compilations have been released by the UK based Memphis Recording Service; "Radio Records - The Complete '56 Sessions" and "Music City - The '56 Nashville Recordings".  These two albums are limited editions, cover Elvis Presley's debut recording session at Radio Recorders in Hollywood Ca. Both albums are pressed on 180 Gr. vinyl and packed in a gatefold cover with a 4 page photo insert. 

Tracks Radio Records - The Complete '56 Sessions:
Side A: 1 Rip It Up 2 Long Tall Sally3 Anyplace Is Paradise 4 First in Line 5 Ready Teddy 6 Paralyzed 7 Too Much 8 Love Me 9 Old She
Side B:  1 When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold 2 How Do You Think I Feel 3 How's the World Treating You 4 Playing For Keeps 5 Old Shep (Take 5) 6 Rip it Up (Takes 10 – 14) 7 Rip it Up (Take 15) 8 Rip it Up (Take 16) 9 Rip it Up (Take 17) 10 Rip it Up (Take 18)

Music City - The '56 Nashville Recordings:
Side A:  1 - I Got a Woman 2 - Heartbreak Hotel 3 - Money Honey 4 - I'm Counting on You 5 - I Was the One 6 - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You 7 - I Got a Woman (Unknown Take) 8 - I Got a Woman (Incomplete Unknown Take) 9 - Heartbreak Hotel (Incomplete Take 4) 10 - Heartbreak Hotel (Take 5) 11 - Heartbreak Hotel (Take 6) 12 - Money Honey (Incomplete Take 10)
Side B: 1 I'm Counting on You (Incomplete Take 2 Dry Version) 2 I'm Counting on You (Take 13) 3 I'm Counting on You (Incomplete Take 14) 4 I Was the One (Takes 1 & 2) 5 I Was the One (Take 3) 6 I Was the One (Take 7) 7 I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 13) 8 I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Incomplete Take 14) 9 I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 15) 10 I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 16)

You can order both albums on the Memphis Recording Service website by clicking on the banner on the right.

(Source: Memphis Recording Service)