Thursday, September 29, 2016

September 29 - New Elvis Presley And Cliff Richard Duet

Sony Canada will release the “If I Can Dream” and “The Wonder Of You” CDs by Elvis Presley and The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra on October 21, 2016. 

Tracks “The Wonder Of You”:
A Big Hunk O' Love - I've Got A Thing About You Baby - Suspicious Minds - Don't - I Just Can't Help Believin' - Just Pretend - Love Letters - Amazing Grace - Starting Today - Kentucky Rain - Memories - Let It Be Me - Always On My Mind - The Wonder Of You - Just Pretend (Duet With Helene Fischer)

Tracks “If I Can Dream”:
Burning Love - It's Now Or Never - Love Me Tender - Fever (Feat. Michael Bublé) - Bridge Over Troubled Water - And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind - You've Lost That Loving Feeling - There's Always Me - Can't Help Falling In Love - In The Ghetto - How Great Thou Art - Steamroller Blues - An American Trilogy - If I Can Dream

Charts


The “If I Can Dream” CD dropped from #5 to #11 on the Billboard Classical Album chart. 

The CD "Way Down In The Jungle Room" dropped off the Belgian Ultrapop Album chart from last week's #72 position. 

The "If I Can Dream" CD dropped to #87 on the Australian Top 100 Albums chart.

Elvis Duet


Sir Cliff Richard will be performing a duet on the song "Blue Suede Shoes" with none other than the late Elvis Presley on his 101st album. The album "Just... Fabulous Rock 'n' Roll" will be released November 2016. 

The veteran rocker recorded the album in the Blackbird studio in Nashville, Tennessee, fulfilling his long-held dream of a "duet" with Elvis. The album also includes Sir Cliff's version of songs recorded by his "heroes", including hits by Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Sam Cooke and John Lee Hooker. 
Tracks include Roll Over Beethoven, Great Balls Of Fire and Sweet Little Sixteen, as well as a new, original track, It's Better To Dream, and Sir Cliff's debut single Move It, first released in August 1958. He said the album reflected "a happy, creative, and in many ways an innocent time", adding: "Not only do I find it hard to believe that my career has spanned this length of time, but also that I still get the chance to do the thing I love best, and that is to get into a studio."

(Source: Amazon Canada / Elvis Club Berlin / The King's World / BBC / FECC)