Tuesday, March 29, 2016

March 29 - My Brother Elvis

A new book by David Stanly is due on June 1, 2016 from David Stanley,  author of books "Elvis We Love You Tender", "Raised On Rock" and "The Elvis Encyclopedia". David is the son of Dee Stanley, with whom Elvis' father Vernon married in 1960, after the death of Gladys Presley. David is currently working on the final chapters of his new book, which is titled "My Brother Elvis: The Final Years". This is the definitive cover-art.

An excerpt from the book

I had missed a tour in December of 1976 as a result of a motorcycle accident. The following is what happened when I picked Elvis up from the airport. 

He walked out of the Lisa Marie with a new girl on his arm, and there he introduced me to Ginger Alden, his latest girlfriend. She was young, about the same age as me, and I found myself comparing her to Linda. I exchanged pleasantries with her, then Elvis reached in his front suit pocket and pulled out an envelope.

“What’s this for?” I wanted to know. “It’s your tour bonus,” he answered. Elvis was typically very generous at the end of a tour, giving bonuses to the crew.
“What’s it for? I wasn’t on the tour,” I said, bewildered.
“Yes you were, David,” he assured me with a smile. “You were with me every day.” 
I opened the envelope and saw $3,000 in cash inside. This was the guy that I had known, the generous man who wanted nothing more than for everyone to be happy. This was the guy I loved, and not because of the money; I loved him because of the heart inside him that made him so generous.


Encore Performance

Here is the definitive cover-art for Joe Tunzi's new book "Encore Performance" highlighting Elvis Presleys' March 28th 1957 Chicago performance and tour.


Alternate Vinyl

Due from the Mr. Suit label on May 30, 2016 is the LP "King Creole the Alternate Album".


(Source: ElvisMatters / Amazon / UEPS / JAT Publishing)