Friday, November 13, 2015

November 13 - #1 Vinyl From Stax

The King may be dead, but it's another case of long live the King on the U.K. album chart -- Elvis Presley has started a second week at No. 1 with If I Can Dream (Sony Music CG), featuring the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. 
Presley's album did something quite rare in modern chart history by selling more in its second week than its first, with a combined sales and streaming tally of 88,600, compared with 79,000 in its first week. The tally is also only narrowly behind the best weekly scorecard for any artist album this year, the 89,110 achieved by Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' Chasing Yesterday (Sour Mash) in March. 
The "If I Can Dream" album has sold more units in 2 weeks (88603 copies sold) than "The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs" did in 5 weeks. IICD is the best selling Elvis album in the UK since "ELV1S 30 #1 Hits" in 2002.

Other UK and Scottish charts:

  • The CD “ELV1S 30 #1 Hits” climbed from #79 to #37 on the Official UK Album chart.
  • The "Doo Wop" EP dropped off the Official UK Album and Vinyl charts.
  • The “If I Can Dream” album dropped from #1 to #4 on the Official UK Download chart.
  • The “If I Can Dream” album remained at #1 on the Official UK Sales, Vinyl  and Physical Sales chart. The Vinyl album sold 1,120 units.
  • The single "If I Can Dream" dropped from #2 to #5 on the Vinyl Single chart. 
  • The single "If I Can Dream" dropped from #3 to #6 on the Physical Single chart. 
  • The single "If I Can Dream" dropped from #87 to #98 on the Download Single chart.
  • The single "If I Can Dream" dropped from #80 to #95 on the Single Sales  chart. 
  • The "Doo Wop" EP climbed from #31 to #18 on the Vinyl Single chart.
  • The "Doo Wop" EP climbed from #51 to #29 on the Physical Single chart 
  •  The "Blue Suede Shoes" single is a re-entry at #74 on the Physical Singles Sales chart.
  • The "ELV1S 30 #1 Hits" CD is a re-entry at #38 on the Physical Album Chart.
  • The "The Platinum Collection" is a re-entry at #87 on the Physical Album Chart.
  • The "ELV1S 30 #1 Hits" CD drops from #53 to #67 on the Official Download Album Chart
  • The "ELV1S 30 #1 Hits" CD rises from #92 to #40 on the Official Albums Sales Chart
  • The “If I Can Dream” album remained at #1 on the Official Scottish Album chart.
  • The CD “ELV1S 30 #1 Hits” climbed from #62 to #29 on the Official Scottish Album chart.
  • The compilations "The Real ... Elvis" and "Love Songs" dropped off the Scottish Album chart after re-entering the chart last week.
Other European charts this week:
  • The "If I Can Dream" album is a new entry at #2 in Austria.
  • The "If I Can Dream" album is a new entry at #27 in the Swiss Album charts.
  • The "If I Can Dream" album is a new entry at #29 in the Spannish Album charts.
  • The “If I Can Dream” album drops from #10 to #11 on the Belgian Album charts.
  • The “If I Can Dream” album drops from #17 to #31 on the Dutch Album charts.
  • The “If I Can Dream” album drops from #22 to #39 on the Dutch Album charts.
  • The “If I Can Dream” album drops from #2 to #3 on the Irish Album charts.
  • The "The Real ... Elvis" CD climbed from #84 to #51 on the Irish Album chart.
  • The “If I Can Dream” album climbs from #95 to #77 on the Italian Album charts.
  • The “If I Can Dream” album climbs from #37 to #34 on the German Album charts.
  • The “If I Can Dream” album is a new entry at #2 on the World album charts.
  • The "If I Can Dream" album dropped off the Swedish Album chart after it's debut at #48 last week. 
  • The CD "Elvis Presley – The 50 Greatest Hits" dropped off the Swiss Album chart at after it's re-entry last week at #75
Charts Down Under
  • The CD “If I Can Dream” remained #1 on the Australian Album chart
  • The CD “If I Can Dream” dropped from #3 to #5 on the New Zealand Album chart. 
  • The DVD “Elvis – The King Of Rock’n’Roll – 30 Hit Performances And More” re-entered the Australian Music DVD chart at #40. 
Elvis is number 1 for a second straight week in Australia. In doing so the album has upset the recent 'status quo' of the past 13 weeks, where a new album has debuted at No. 1 each week, by going 'back to back' two weeks in a row at No. 1. Last week, 'If I Can Dream' become the 749th No.1 Album in Australia (1965 to 2015) and finally the 600th No.1 for ARIA (1983 to 2015), plus the 396th album to debut at the top of the Albums chart. 

Silver and Gold for Elvis

Two more awards for Elvis Presley. The "If I Can Dream" CD was awarded "Gold" for selling over 100,000 copies, just one week after being awarded "Silver", 

The 2014 CD "Elvis - That's The Way It Is" was awarded "Silver" for sales topping 50.000 copies. 

Vinyl At Stax



Released by A Newbury Comics is an exclusive color vinyl pressing of the "Elvis At Stax" compilation. The album is foil stamped and limited to 1000 numbered copies.

Tracks:
Promised Land / I've Got A Thing About You Baby / If You Talk in Your Sleep / Raised On Rock
 / Help Me / I Got A Feelin' In My Body (Take 4) / For Ol' Times Sake (Take 4) / Talk About The Good Times (Take 3) / Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues (Take 8)


You Asked Me To (Take 3A) / Loving Arms (Take 2) / Your Love's Been A Long Time Coming (Take 4) / Spanish Eyes (Take 2) / It's Midnight (Take 7) / Find Out What's Happening (Takes 8-7) / Three Corn Patches (Take 14) / My Boy (Take 1).

Elvis 'If I Can Dream' boots fetch £29,500 at auction

A pair of white boots worn by Elvis Presley during arguably his most famous TV performance have been bought by a UK collector for £29,500. The King wore the size-11 Verde boots while singing If I Can Dream during his '68 Comeback Special, broadcast on NBC.

The boots went under the hammer at Henry Aldridge auctioneers in Devizes. Elvis wore a black leather outfit for most of the famous performance before changing into a white suit and shoes for the finale. The boots were sold along with a handwritten letter from stage director Charlie Hodge, who appeared with Elvis on the NBC show. Mr Hodge wrote in his letter: "These white Verde brand boots are the boots that Elvis wore on stage on his 1968 NBC TV special.

"He wore these in the closing number of the show, If I Can Dream, while he was wearing a white suit. Elvis later gave me these boots."

(Source: FECC / Newburry Comics / Billboard / Official Chart Company / A Charts / BBC)