Tuesday, May 01, 2012

May 01 - I'm An Elvisfan

Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc., along with partners Sony Music/Legacy Recordings, Fan Mosaics and ShopElvis.com, have announced a 35th anniversary promotion that gives you, the Elvis fans around the world, an opportunity to declare your “fanship” in three different ways, all originating from Elvis.com/ElvisFan.


From the press-release:
By visiting the “I am an Elvis Fan” promotion website, you can vote for your favorite Elvis songs for a new Elvis CD, upload your image into an Elvis Presley mosaic print, and order the commemorative “I am an Elvis fan” t-shirt. In addition, you will also be able to connect with other Elvis fans across the globe through social networks, which will offer unique stickers, engaging apps, and new ways for you to declare your loyalty to the king.


First, you can be part of the creation of a new CD by voting on your favorite Elvis songs May 1 through May 12. The CD, scheduled for release on July 31 by Legacy Recordings, will be titled, “I AM AN ELVIS FAN: A Collection of Elvis Songs Chosen by the Fans.” If you pre-order during the voting period at IAmAnElvisFan.com, your name will appear in a limited-edition version of the CD (while space is available). 


Second, you can upload your own personal photo through June 1 to be included in the officially-licensed photo mosaic of the king that will also appear on the CD cover art. The Elvis photo mosaic will be designed by Fan Mosaics and will feature a classic image of Elvis made up of thousands of his fans’ images. Once the upload period ends and the mosaic has been created, you will be able to see yourself in the larger picture of Elvis. A commemorative print of the image will be available for purchase at FanMosaics.com/Elvis and at Elvis Presley’s Graceland in Memphis during Elvis Week 2012. 
Finally, you can purchase an “I am an Elvis Fan” t-shirt on ShopElvis.com. The t-shirt is branded with the graphics from the promotion and you are encouraged to wear it to the Elvis Week 2012 kick-off event in Memphis on August 10, 2012, at AutoZone Park. If you aren’t able to be in Memphis for the event, you can still participate by uploading an image of yourself wearing the t-shirt in your hometown via Instagram and tagging it #ElvisFan. All of these images will be featured in an Instagram online gallery on Elvis.com/ElvisFan later this summer.
You can celebrate the kick-off of the promotion by sharing the “I am an Elvis fan” online video which is now live on Elvis’ YouTube channel with the launch of the promotion. Featuring the hit song “The Wonder of You,” which has become a fan anthem, the video includes footage captured of Elvis with his passionate fans through the years.


I A'm An Elvis Fan - Musical Categories
  • '50s – Selections: 1. That's All Right * 2. Good Rockin' Tonight * 3. Baby Let's Play House * 4. I Got A Woman * 5. Hound Dog * 6. Don't Be Cruel * 7. Mystery Train * 8. Blue Suede Shoes * 9. Money Honey * 10. Heartbreak Hotel * 11. Shake, Rattle & Roll * 12. All Shook Up • 13. Lawdy, Miss Clawdy.
  • '60s – Selections: 1. In The Ghetto * 2. Suspicious Minds * 3. Gentle On My Mind * 4. Don't Cry Daddy * 5. Surrender * 6. Good Luck Charm * 7. Devil In Disguise * 8. She's Not You * 9. Suspicion * 10. The Girl Of My Best Friend * 11. His Latest Flame * 12. Love Letters * 13. Memories.
  • GOSPEL – Selections: 1. Peace in the Valley * 2. Crying in the Chapel * 3. How Great Thou Art * 4. If I Can Dream * 5. Amazing Grace * 6. Swing Down Sweet Chariot * 7. Joshua Fit The Battle * 8. Take My Hand Precious Lord * 9. Lead Me, Guide Me * 10. He Touched Me * 11. Milky White Way * 12. You'll Never Walk Alone * 13. Where Could I Go But To The Lord.
  • LOVE SONGS – Selections: 1. I Want You, I Need You, I Love You * 2. Any Way You Want Me * 3. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me * 4. One Night * 5. Can't Help Falling In Love * 6. Love Me Tender * 7. Always On My Mind * 8. Are You Lonesome Tonight? * 9. Unchained Melody * 10. Loving You * 11. You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling * 12. It's Now Or Never * 13. The Wonder Of You.
  • MOVIES – Selections: 1. King Creole * 2. Jailhouse Rock * 3. Trouble * 4. Return To Sender * 5. A Little Less Conversation * 6. Viva Las Vegas * 7. G.I Blues * 8. Follow That Dream * 9. Bossa Nova Baby * 10. Rubberneckin' * 11. Blue Hawaii * 12. Loving You * 13. Teddy Bear.
  • COUNTRY – Selections: 1. I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water * 2. Kentucky Rain * 3. For The Good Times * 4. Guitar Man * 5. Blue Moon of Kentucky * 6. Just Because * 7. Long Black Limousine * 8. I'll Hold You In My Heart (Until I Can Hold You in My Arms) * 9. She Thinks I Still Care * 10. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry * 11. Welcome to My World * 12. Funny How Time Slips Away * 13. There Goes My Everything.
  • IN CONCERT – Selections: 1. Polk Salad Annie * 2. Suspicious Minds * 3. Just Pretend * 4. You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling * 5. Bridge Over Troubled Water * 6. See See Rider * 7. Walk A Mile In My Shoes * 8. I Can't Stop Loving You * 9. You Gave Me A Mountain * 10. An American Trilogy * 11. Burning Love * 12. My Way * 13. A Big Hunk of Love.
FTD And Import Chart


Import Top 40 April 2012
There was no movement in the top 5 this month. The number of voters is extremely low now.
1 (1) A Greensboro Revolution! (2008)
2 (2) American Crown Jewels (1996)
3 (3) Finding The Way Home (1999)
4 (4) A Hot Winter Night In Dallas (1998)
5 (5) Totally Stung! (2001)

FTD Top 40 April 2012
Some swapping has been done in the Top 5. Jungleroom and TTWII and the numbers 4 and 5 changed places.
1 (1) Elvis Is Back! (2005)
2 (3) That's The Way It Is (2008)
3 (2) The Jungle Room Sessions (2000)
4 (5) Elvis Country (I'm 10,000 Years Old) (2008)
5 (4) Good Times (2009)

John Wilkinson Back In Hospital
 
John Wilkinson is going in for gall bladder surgery tomorrow, Wednesday, at 6:30 am. Because of all the previous surgeries the doctors may have to keep him there overnight. So, please put some prayers out that everything goes smooth, thanks in advance.

(Source: EPE / ElvisNews / ElvisMatter)